Surrey has long suffered under a lack of adequate transit and transportation. The Mayors' Council Plan has expansive plans to invest in Surrey such as:
- New Light Rail Transit on King George Boulevard and 104 Avenue between Guildford, Surrey City Centre and Newton (within first 7 years) and along Fraser Highway between Surrey City Centre and Langley Centre (within first 12 years).
- New, safer four-lane Pattullo Bridge designed with the possibility of future expansion to six lanes.
- New B-Line route from Surrey City Centre to Langley via Fraser Highway (until LRT is introduced), and extended 96 B-Line to White Rock Centre via King George Boulevard and 152nd St. and a new B-Line: Scott Road Station to Newton Exchange via Scott Road and 72nd Avenue.
- Improve and expand frequent all-day, and peak bus service with expanded, upgraded or reconfigured transit facilities at the Surrey City Centre Exchange, Willowbrook Exchange, Langley Exchange and South Delta Exchange and Park and Ride.
- Upgraded and expansion to fleet and stations on existing rapid transit lines, including the Expo and Millennium Lines, to reduce overcrowding.